For my Master’s Thesis, I explored digital organizing tools and activists practices in central Wisconsin with a focus on leveraging the principles of educational game design to support civic learning and engagement. For this work I:
• Conducted 32 interviews with city staff, nonprofits, and youth throughout the state of Wisconsin
• Conducted 4 focus groups throughout Wisconsin
• Designed and conducted a digital engagement survey comparing the civic practices of youth and adult activists
• Wrote an extensive literature review drawing from the fields of social movement studies, civic media, learning theory, and game studies.
• Conducted a point-by-point feature comparison of 19 commonly used organizing tools.
Click “Launch Project” to access the complete Thesis.